Citronella – Nature’s Weapon Against Mosquitoes!
Citronella works by blocking the scent receptors of mosquitoes, masking the carbon dioxide, body odour and body temperature that attracts them to people. Citronella oil is a naturally occurring repellent derived from citronella grass, part of the lemongrass family. It is golden brown in colour and has a strong citrus aroma. Citronella originated as a mosquito repellent in South East Asia where the leaves of the plant were rubbed near doors and windows to prevent insects from entering the home.
These colourful votive candles in glass holders will look great in your home whilst warding off mosquitoes.
- Contains citronella essential oil - nature's weapon against mosquitoes
- Add ambience to outdoor entertaining
- Made from quality materials for a cleaner burn
- Vibrant, modern colour assortment
Please note: We will pick and pack a colour at random for you.
Making the most of your Waxworks products:
Waxworks citronella products are most effective when used to create a protective no-mozzie barrier around your outdoor entertaining area. It is the scent of Waxworks citronella products that keeps mosquitoes away. Here are some tips on how to improve the effectiveness of your Waxworks products. Waxworks products can create a protective zone around your outdoor area.
- Place a number of candles around your entertaining area to form a natural mosquito repellent barrier.
- On windy days the Citronella scent is more likely to be blown away.
- To improve effectiveness, position your Waxworks products in areas where the wind is blocked and allow less distance between each product
- To prevent an excessively large flame and minimise smoke, allow your candle to burn for 2-3 hours, then extinguish and allow to cool. Trim the wick to 6mm then relight.
- Waxworks products are produced with Citronella Essential Oil which is effective in repelling mosquitoes - not killing them.