By employing a unique braiding process Platypus are able to pack the PE fibres closer together decreasing diameter and enhancing the strength by up to 25%. When consulting with anglers one of the most important properties is softness, this increases handleability of the braid enabling smoother, more trouble-free casts. Made right here in Australia by family owned and operated Platypus lines, they have made Platinum Plus Braid for the fisho that needs a Braid at a price that won't break the bank. Everything that made Platinum Braid the unique AFTA award winner, just stronger and thinner!
Platypus is now using the well known Australian made logo to increase consumer awareness of its Australian heritage. Still manufactured in Brisbane and family owned, Platypus have over 110 years of line making experience to keep them at the forefront of line technology.
- Precise Strength - Computer monitored braiding achieves an smooth weave of 100% Ultra High Molecular Weight PE gelspun fibres, stronger than steel.
- Silicon Coating - Super slick silicon coating for quieter, longer and more accurate casts.
- Ultimate Sensitivity - 100% Ultra High Molecular Weight PE fibres with engineered with near zero stretch creates sensitivity that monofilament can't match.
ADVANTAGES OF PLATYPUS PLATINUM PLUS BRAID
- Advanced processing now increases strength by up to 20% when compared to conventional braided lines
- Smoother surface for enhanced abrasion resistance and longer casts
- Engineered with a thinner profile Platinum Plus will pack better fit even more line on your reel
- Maintains our trademark suppleness which makes for an easier line to handle and cast when compared with wirey fused lines
- 100% Australian made, owned and operated
- Platypus Platinum Plus Braid is a braid made from 100% Ultra High Molecular Weight PE fibres.
- 125 Yards