Opinel is going high-tech with space age materials. This heavy duty survival knife features a 2.5 mm thick 12C27 sandvik blade, a thick serrated area, an integrated 4 seasons 110 db survival whistle and a shackle key. The handle features a non-slip area (colored area) and can resist extreme temperatures (-40c to + 80c). Opinel No8 is the most versatile size in the ever growing line of folding knives.
- Sandvik 12C27 modified, 8.5cm stainless steel blade and 2.5 mm thickness for extra strength
- Serrated area of 3.5cm for cutting cord and rope
- Shackle key for 4 to 10 mm shackle.
- Virobloc system to lock the blade in opened or closed position.
- Pealess whistle – 110 decibels.
- Thong to hang from belt, bag or hook.
- Polymer handle resistant to water and extreme temperatures (-40 to 80+ degrees celcius)
- No. 8 Size Opinel
DID YOU KNOW? In 1985 the Victoria and Albert Museum awarded the Opinel knife as one of the 100 best designed objects in the world. Along side with the Rolex® watch and the 911 Porsche®.